Sunday 7 September 2008

What Fly Fishing Can Offer You

New Season Bench Clothing

Direct Soccer - Click here!

The Church of the Rising Trout

I love to fly fish and recently I paused to ask myself why. Why do I spend so much money on equipment? Why do I leave my beautiful family to go of into the wilderness to hunt trout? What does fly fishing offer me?

After mulling these questions, these are what I have come up with.

Fly fishing:
1. allows me to get outside and away from the computer, work and other things that trap me inside.
2. gives me a chance to visit new places close to where I live.
3. allows me to appreciate the natural beauty of the region I live in.
4. offers me to spend time with my fishing buddies and have few laughs.
5. gives me a sense of adventure sometimes. Especially when we go to very remote areas where no one can get a hold of us unless we had a satellite phone.
6. lets me learn a little science about the bug and fish world
7. gives me a great sense of excitement and joy when you see a big trout take a dry fly on a beautiful stream in the mountains
8. gives me a bit of much needed exercise
9. lets me escape my hectic life once and awhile, even if its only for a few hours
10. satisfies my primitive cave man urge to hunt

Those are some of the things that fly fishing offers me and hopefully can offer you. I would encourage anyone of any age to try it. For me it's more than a simple past time, it is almost a spiritual experience. I always say I belong to the Church of the Rising Trout. Anyone care to join me?

Brian Plastow is a High School Teacher from Alberta Canada. He loves to fish, play with his kids and coach football. He is an active member of Squidoo. His fishing lens is:

http://www.squidoo.com/thefishinghole

Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Brian_Plastow

Free World delivery on mens underwear

Lathams Fishing - Click here